Sherwood Forest

Sherwood Forest was platted in 1917 and is made up of approximately 435 homes were built in the late 1920’s and 1930’s. The neighborhood boundaries are Seven Mile Road on the south, Livernois on the west, Pembroke on the north and Parkside on the east. We are located in a tranquil setting, but are just a few minutes from downtown, with easy access to shopping and all major freeways.

The Sherwood Forest Association was formed in the summer of 1929 and has been active ever since. Thanks to the tireless efforts of volunteers over the years, the Association can claim many significant accomplishments that have enhanced the quality of the neighborhood.

In 2002, Sherwood Forest was designated a Detroit Historic District and was honored with a Detroit Historic District Commission award for maintaining and preserving our historic neighborhood. In 2003, we launched a successful series of "Meet and Greets," Sunday afternoon parties in the homes of our residents. In the summer of 2005, we held the first of our summer jazz concerts and picnics in Sherwood Park on Canterbury.

In processing our request for historic designation, the Detroit Historic District Commission did research on most of the houses in Sherwood Forest. 

Source: Sherwood Forest Association

Current Sherwood Forest Listings