The Boston-Edison Historic District is an instantly recognizable address in the heart of Detroit, containing over 900 homes. Most homes were constructed between 1905 and 1925 and range in size from modest two-story vernaculars to impressive mansions. Early residents of Boston-Edison included Henry Ford, James Couzens, Horace Rackham, Sebastian Kresge, and Joe Louis.
Source: Boston-Edison Neighborhood Association
The Detroit Golf Club Estates is comprised of 122 homes surounding the Detroit Golf Club. The centerpiece of our neighborhood is the 100+ year old Detroit Golf Club and the two beautiful 18 hole nationally recognized Don Ross golf courses.
Source: Detroit Golf Club Neighborhood Association
This historic district includes Burns, Iroquois and Seminole Avenues from East Jefferson running one mile north to Mack Avenue. Although there are features on many homes that fall into a distinct architectural style, Indian Village can best be described as eclectic. As is so typical of American independence, owners chose elements from different architectural styles when building their homes.
Detroit’s most distinguished architects designed Indian Village homes. Among them are Marcus Burrowes, Chittenden & Kotting, Albert Kahn, Louis Kamper, Rogers & MacFarlane, Smith Hinchman & Grylls, William B. Stratton, Leonard B. Willeke, George D. Mason, Robert O. Derrick and C. Howard Crane.
Souce: Indian Village Neighborhood Association
Located in the northwest Detroit, our neighborhood offers numerous activities with a focus on family and community involvement. As the only Detroit neighborhood with its own private community house and 4-acre park, our scenic tree-laden neighborhood is a safe place to call home.
Source: North Rosedale Park Neighborhood Association
Welcome to Palmer Woods, a Detroit neighborhood filled with harmony, diversity and warmth: multicultural residents, architectural treasures, and natural beauty in a wooded, urban setting. Our historic enclave of about 300 homes is nestled west of Woodward Avenue and north of Seven Mile Road in Detroit, Michigan.
On this site, learn about our community: the Palmer Woods Association, our history, services available to our neighborhood, news, events and more.
Visit our quiet, winding streets and tree-lined sidewalks, bordered by magnificent Tudor Revival, Neo-Georgian, Mediterranean, Modern and Craftsman homes designed by architectural legends such as Frank Lloyd Wright, Minoru Yamasaki, Albert Kahn, Maginnis & Walsh, C. Howard Crane, Richard H. Marr and others.
Source: Palmer Woods Neighborhood Association
Sherwood Forest has been a proud part of Detroit’s heritage since 1917. The neighborhood is known for its architecturally distinctive homes, its quiet, winding streets, its convenient city location and its talented and friendly residents. Most of the approximately 435 homes were built in the 1920’s and 1930’s. In 2002, we were honored by being named a Detroit Historic District.
Source: Sherwood Forest Neighborhood Association
The University District was established as a residential community in the mid 1920s. The district was part of the largest tract of land in the area known as the “Golf Club” district. Father John McNichols, of the Jesuit Order, relocated the University of Detroit to the corner of McNichols (then known as Palmer Boulevard) and Livernois. The residential area adjacent to the University became known as the “University District.”Most of the 1400 homes in the area were built in the 1920s and 30s during the “Golden Age of Housing.” Structural integrity, architectural detail, the caliber of workmanship and quality materials are all hallmarks of that era.
Source: University District Neighborhood Association